Leadership and communication are imperative for today’s executive. Whether it be in meetings, town halls, or presentations, the day-to-day of a modern business leader is enmeshed with moments of interpersonal communication. The Communications Excellence program equips you with a guidebook on effective communication that will activate your inner confidence as a leader and empower you to influence business. Throughout this communication skills training, you will discover the importance of communication skills and its relationship to powerful leadership, which will empower you to ditch your fear of public speaking and develop your presentation skills.
Transcend elemental business communication to excel as a business leader and deliver palpable results.
Join us at the Berkeley Haas campus for our 2-day in-person training or choose the flexible Exec Ed Lab; a virtual 3-day learning experience that maximizes interaction and collaboration with faculty and groups - wherever you are.
FLEXIBLE & PERSONALIZED PROGRAMMING
- Choose from a wide variety of programs and topics based on your unique learning needs to achieve a strong general management foundation
- New online programs provide even more flexibility so you can learn from home with classmates from around the globe
- Take the full three years to complete or schedule programs closer together to complete in less time
EXCLUSIVE BERKELEY RESOURCES
- Be the first to hear about special promotions for program offerings in our open enrollment portfolio
- 15% discount on future eligible future Berkeley Executive Education programs
- 30% discount on eligible future programs after completion of your Certificate of Business Excellence
- Get an @haas.executivealumni.berkeley.edu email forwarding address
NETWORKING & EVENTS ACCESS
- Ability to join local alumni chapters or clubs in your region
- Join the private, invitation-only Berkeley Haas Alumni LinkedIn group
- Invitations to the annual Berkeley Haas Alumni Conference
- Attend select Berkeley Haas and Berkeley Executive Education Networking events opened to the COBE community
NEWS & COMMUNICATION
- One-year complimentary digital subscription to the California Management Review
- Receive the Berkeley Haas Alumni emailed newsletter
- Access to Haas Insights – Latest research and thought leadership from Industry speakers and faculty
- Subscribe to the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs e-Newsletter with latest job postings from distinguished employers
Evolve Your Personal Communication Style
Develop personal success strategies to advance business communications uniquely suited to you and your business. Build effective communication skills to use together with active listening.
Interact with Clear Intent
Identify your business goals and learn how to tailor your communications through verbal, nonverbal, or communications tools, such as presentations and PowerPoint, to deliver results.
Establish Your Confidence and Leadership Presence
Leverage your breath, body, and voice to maximize your impact and presence during your business communications and presentations. Through excessive practice, you will master how to seamlessly integrate each element of effective communication.
Craft and Deliver a Truly Memorable Pitch
Learn how to create a memorable pitch that articulates your message and connects your audience with a message that is authentic, clear, and powerful.
Master Advanced Presentation Skills
Recognize when something is not working and know instantly how to fix it by making internal and external adjustments based on high-level skills you rehearse and practice.
Who Should Attend
- Senior leadership executives and high-potential professionals in Business Development, Sales, and Marketing Teams
- Professionals in leadership roles at Nonprofit and Service Organizations
- Web Developers and Engineers
- Entrepreneurs seeking to develop profound leadership communications skills
*Program faculty is subject to change
Topic 1 | The Science of the Message Part 1: Verbal and Nonverbal Skills
• Principles of persuasive storytelling
• Negotiation to add value and as a relationship-building tool
• Fundamental concepts to use in every negotiation
• Psychology of negotiation
• Common negotiation mistakes
• Ladder of Abstraction
Topic 2 | The Science of the Message Part 2: Focus on Brain, Breath, and Body
• The empirical principles of persuasion
• Presentation organization: the ladder of abstraction
• Anticipation and answering disruptive questions
• The importance of centering
• Breath & voice exercises
Topic 3 | Persuasive Storytelling Strategies: Using the Senses
• Create an effective opening for a compelling story
• How to use all the senses to engage audiences
Topic 4 | Persuasive Storytelling Strategies: Using Data
• How to organize content and use data for clarity and impact
• Visual aids and PowerPoint best practices for success
Topic 5 | Giving & Receiving Feedback
• How to receive and use feedback
• How to provide effective feedback
Topic 6 | Virtual Pitch Skills
• Understand the differences between virtual and in-person presentations
• Best practices for virtual presentations