Taking on a new or expanded role as a manager brings great rewards but also introduces new challenges with the growing responsibilities that come with the role. With minimal guidance, even high potential managers can feel left to their own devices to navigate their role and successfully lead a high functioning team.
Effective leadership requires more than technical skills. It is grounded in the ability to sustain powerful interpersonal skills that inspire performance, communication, influence, and to achieve goals. New Manager Boot Camp training was designed to address all of the crucial skills managers need to work agily and cause momentous impact.
Throughout the management training, you will acquire management skills and abilities to enable employee retention, successfully handle conflict resolution management, enforce time management,, and maintain business agility. You will also master effective leadership communication skills that empower you to present yourself as a confident leader. Rather than teaching you to fit into a uniform construct of a team leader, the manager training will reveal how to achieve your executive management style by leveraging your leadership qualities.
Join us at the Berkeley Haas campus for our 3-day in-person business manager training or choose the cutting-edge Exec Ed Forum; a virtual 3-week learning experience delivering the same, high-caliber instruction - wherever you are.
FLEXIBLE & PERSONALIZED PROGRAMMING
- Choose from a wide variety of programs and topics based on your unique learning needs to achieve a strong general management foundation
- New online programs provide even more flexibility so you can learn from home with classmates from around the globe
- Take the full three years to complete or schedule programs closer together to complete in less time
EXCLUSIVE BERKELEY RESOURCES
- Be the first to hear about special promotions for program offerings in our open enrollment portfolio
- 15% discount on future eligible future Berkeley Executive Education programs
- 30% discount on eligible future programs after completion of your Certificate of Business Excellence
- Get an @haas.executivealumni.berkeley.edu email forwarding address
NETWORKING & EVENTS ACCESS
- Ability to join local alumni chapters or clubs in your region
- Join the private, invitation-only Berkeley Haas Alumni LinkedIn group
- Invitations to the annual Berkeley Haas Alumni Conference
- Attend select Berkeley Haas and Berkeley Executive Education Networking events opened to the COBE community
NEWS & COMMUNICATION
- One-year complimentary digital subscription to the California Management Review
- Receive the Berkeley Haas Alumni emailed newsletter
- Access to Haas Insights – Latest research and thought leadership from Industry speakers and faculty
- Subscribe to the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs e-Newsletter with latest job postings from distinguished employers
Understand Your Challenges as a Manager
Recognize what your current and potential challenges are as a high potential manager, find effective solutions, and take full advantage of new opportunities. Learn how to navigate and thrive as a manager through uncertainty.
Develop Your Leadership Style
Harness and evolve your leadership and communication style to successfully lead through rapport, inspire, and engage your team. Reinvent the qualities of a good leader to match you and your team's needs.
Become a More Effective Manager
Discover the secrets to time management at the workplace, how to effectively delegate tasks to your team to enable prioritization and high performance, and forcefully apply teamwork to work together and make quality decisions.
Create Dynamic Teams
Understand how to structure and manage teams for best results, including how to effectively work with and manage geo-distributed or virtual remote teams.
Learn to Hire, Fire, and Manage Talent - Without the Drama
Learn to successfully identify, assess, attract, and retain employees as well as how to hire and fire quickly and professionally - without the threat of a lawsuit.
Who Should Attend
- Business professionals considering a management role
- Managers that have recently moved into a supervisory position
- Executives looking to level up their leadership skills across multiple industries including high tech
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together
*Program faculty is subject to change
Topic 1 | Understanding Your Challenge as a New Manager
• Emerging trends in management
• The shared challenges new managers face in a world of constant change
Topic 2 | Influencing Critical Stakeholders
• Techniques for influencing stakeholders
• Tools to identify and segment your stakeholders
• Action plans to apply your learning back at work
Topic 3 | Knowing Your Leadership Style
• An introduction to different leadership styles and when each is most appropriate
• Identify your leadership style and ways to leverage your strengths
• Enhance your flexibility to utilize a variety of styles
Topic 4 | Managing Your Team and Influencing Direct Reports
• What effective and ineffective teams look like
• Barriers to effective teamwork & the role of constructive and destructive conflict
• Effective interventions to improve your team’s performance
Topic 5 | Creating Dynamic Teams
• Lead and engage distributed teams
• Diagnose team hot-spots and developing effective solutions
• Align your team around critical priorities and a shared reality
Topic 6 | Leading Through Rapport
• Simple tools to build rapport with others
• Techniques for common ground and active listening
• Create and leverage leadership presence