While women have made substantial gains in the business world, today’s workplace has yet to fully embrace female power, authority, and leadership. Women’s Executive Leadership training program provides a safe space to collaborate with all genders to achieve a new understanding of women in business. The program leverages the unique perspective and strengths of female leaders to equip you with a toolkit of skills like problem solving techniques, negotiation tactics, and leadership styles. Gain an understanding of the challenges of female leaders and what it takes to be a successful woman in business. Led by Faculty Director Laura Kray, in this women leadership training, you will acquire a new level of confidence and a greater sense of ownership over your own leadership potential.
Join us at the Berkeley Haas campus for our 4-day in-person training or choose the cutting-edge Exec Ed Forum; a virtual 2-week learning experience delivering the same, high-caliber instruction - wherever you are.
FLEXIBLE & PERSONALIZED PROGRAMMING
- Choose from a wide variety of programs and topics based on your unique learning needs to achieve a strong general management foundation
- New online programs provide even more flexibility so you can learn from home with classmates from around the globe
- Take the full three years to complete or schedule programs closer together to complete in less time
EXCLUSIVE BERKELEY RESOURCES
- Be the first to hear about special promotions for program offerings in our open enrollment portfolio
- 15% discount on future eligible future Berkeley Executive Education programs
- 30% discount on eligible future programs after completion of your Certificate of Business Excellence
- Get an @haas.executivealumni.berkeley.edu email forwarding address
NETWORKING & EVENTS ACCESS
- Ability to join local alumni chapters or clubs in your region
- Join the private, invitation-only Berkeley Haas Alumni LinkedIn group
- Invitations to the annual Berkeley Haas Alumni Conference
- Attend select Berkeley Haas and Berkeley Executive Education Networking events opened to the COBE community
NEWS & COMMUNICATION
- One-year complimentary digital subscription to the California Management Review
- Receive the Berkeley Haas Alumni emailed newsletter
- Access to Haas Insights – Latest research and thought leadership from Industry speakers and faculty
- Subscribe to the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs e-Newsletter with latest job postings from distinguished employers
Strengthen Your Leadership Skills
Leverage influence, diagnose situations, and master successful negotiation tactics to reach your full leadership potential.
Understand The Women's Perspective in Business
Learn the influences of gender on power and leadership in business. Grasp and adopt the exceptional female perspective to solve obstacles in your personal life, company, and beyond.
Acquire New Business Acumen Tools to Cultivate Personal Fulfillment from Work
Discover leadership tools to achieve work balance and reap greater rewards and personal satisfaction from your work.
Establish a Strong Professional Network
Learn tactics for building effective, supportive professional relationships and networks.
Develop Problem-Solving Skills
Analyze current business challenges to develop problem-solving skills for immediate application.
Who Should Attend
This program is open to both male and female executives who are seeking to learn more about the importance of women in leadership.
- Senior-level executives
- Mid-level managers leading teams with direct reports
- Business owners
- Executives aspiring to positions of greater authority and influence within their company or network
- A group of colleagues or team who would like to advance their skills together
*Program faculty is subject to change
Topic 1 | Women’s Leadership
• The role and importance of power plays in the workplace
• Gender differences in attitudes toward power
• Typical leadership challenges women experience
Topic 2 | Celebrating the Leader Within
• Identifying your personal leadership “brand elements”
• Creating your purpose, strategy, tactics, and foundation as a leader
Topic 3 | Strengthening Your Voice
• Techniques to strengthen your voice and command a room
• Using the three circles of energy when speaking
• The importance of the breath to strengthen your voice
Topic 4 | Bringing Your Authentic Self to Work
• The importance of authenticity for leaders
• Techniques to enhance your authenticity
Topic 5 | Power & Leadership in the 21st Century
• The impact of both power and powerlessness in the workplace
• Nonverbal language and how it relates to power
• Ways to increase your personal power
Topic 6 | The Science Behind Work-Life Balance
• Research deep-dive on the work-life blend
• Actionable tips for creating your own work-life blend
Topic 7 | Win-Win Negotiations
• Typical challenges women face in negotiations
• The different types of negotiation issues
• Ways to create and claim more value in a negotiation
• Advanced skills to improve your negotiation outcomes
• Identifying your conflict handling style