The Global Health Care Leaders Program (GHLP) from Harvard Medical School Executive Education is a first of its kind, multi-modular global program that aims to bring together the most important topics defining the future of the health care industry for the leaders who will lead the charge. The faculty from Harvard Medical School, as well as other leading industry experts, will provide insights to enable participants to craft ambitious solutions and shape health care globally.
The health care industry is dynamic and complex. It is experiencing rapid change due to emerging technologies. Established and emerging business leaders and their organizations are recognizing that success in this rapidly evolving industry now requires a fundamental understanding of current medical practices across the world, the changing economic and regulatory landscape of health care and cost vs return on innovation, the latest advances in science and medicine, as well as the threats of evolving pandemics and the prospects of evolving digital technologies and their applications within health care.
GHLP therefore aims to deliver hands-on experiences with best practices, strategic frameworks and insights to help global health care leaders unlock opportunities and drive growth and innovation in health care.
After the completion of GHLP, you will be a part of a global cohort of health care leaders. You will become an integral part of the Harvard Medical School Executive Education network. You will also be able to join the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA) as an associate member and become a part of an active global network connecting with and supporting each other, facilitating lifelong learning, growth, and success. Following are some of the key benefits:*
- Global Health Care Leaders Program certificate from Harvard Medical School.
- A lifelong Harvard alumni email forwarding address.
- Network with members of the Harvard Alumni Association at one of the HAA's many events held worldwide.
- Connect and network with fellow alumni through the Harvard Alumni Directory.
- Connect to the richly developed network of Harvard alumni by joining one of the 195+ Harvard Clubs in more than 70 countries throughout the world, or one of 51 Shared Interest Groups (SIGs).
- Access to HAA message boards for alumni to communicate about a variety of topics, including careers. Members can search job postings, career events, career services and career advice/networking discussion posts.
- Access to select Harvard Medical School events, conferences and seminars.
- Access to select Harvard Medical School online publications such as webinar series, etc.
- Access to the GHLP LinkedIn group.
* Benefits are subject to change
*Program faculty is subject to change
GHLP will incorporate interactive, case-based classroom sessions, immersive exercises that illuminate the challenges of health care and visits to research labs, innovative companies and other key components of the innovation ecosystem in Boston. These in-person experiences will be supplemented by live virtual sessions and other curated resources at the beginning of the program and between in-person sessions.
Additionally, each participant will identify and work on a project that documents an innovation or process improvement that they will work to implement upon their return to their home countries and home institutions.
The program will focus on following key themes:
- Driving Health Care Strategy
- Managing Biomedical Innovation
- Digital Transformation in Health Care
- Global Perspectives on Policy, Regulation and Reimbursement
- Leading in Global Health Care Organizations