Oxford University Business Economics Programme
The Oxford University Business Economics Programme combines high-calibre academic tuition, industry-leading keynote speakers, and a diverse group of delegates to explore economic theory and its applications which can be used to create strategic impact in organisations. The Programme is hosted by The Department of Economics in Oxford University and regularly showcases some of the cutting-edge research produced by our academics.
The Oxford University Business Economics Programme is a unique learning experience for Business leaders.
By combining high-calibre academic tuition, industry-leading keynote speakers, and a diverse group of delegates, OUBEP creates a dynamic space to explore economic theory and applications which can be used to create strategic impact.
It disseminates world-class research by Oxford University academics on topics highly relevant to businesses across sectors and society in general, and provides unique networking opportunities.
The Core Programme is an immersive executive programme based in Oxford at the Department of Economics. It is designed to equip future leaders with the tools they need to drive new thinking and ideas.
The programme follows the ‘Oxford’ format for tuition – timetabled lectures followed by small tutorial-group analysis and discussion. Each tutorial group is facilitated by a faculty member from Oxford’s Department of Economics. In just two weeks, we will help you develop the level of critical thinking required of a future leader by combining high-calibre academic tuition, and discussion sessions with industry-leading keynote speakers and a diverse group of delegates.
This intensive programme has been specially designed to allow you to explore economic theory and its real-world application so that you can better understand the challenges and choices that today’s businesses face and the impact of those choices on the wider world.
- Real-world relevance is fundamental to our programme, which is why our Steering Committee comprises senior executives representing major global companies, as well as world-leading academic economists.
- This high-level, practice-oriented governing body ensures that the course programme delivers significant academic content that is informed by current industry priorities.
THEORY AND PRACTICE
- The core syllabus is focused on economic theory and led by academic economists.
- Senior practitioners illustrate how this theory translates in the real-world applications of this theory and then lead detailed discussion in tutorial groups.
LEARNING AT OXFORD
- The programme follows the ‘Oxford’ format for tuition, including lectures followed by small tutorial-group analysis and discussion. Each tutorial group is facilitated by a faculty member from Oxford’s Department of Economics.
CULTURE AND NETWORKING
- As an OUBEP delegate, you will be able to sample everything that Oxford has to offer and make new connections.
- Throughout the course you will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of social and cultural activities In previous years, our delegates have enjoyed punting, croquet, dinner at an Oxford college and Shakespeare in the park. These activities cultivate an environment that is academically stimulating and fun so that you leave OUBEP with a solid grounding in economic thinking, as well as an expanded professional network and some great memories.